Green Fern Events (GFE) is one of a small number of event management companies in the US and the world that focus exclusively on sustainable events. We are considered pioneers in this growing field and recognized locally and nationally for our environmental leadership.
Based in Austin, Texas, GFE provides three key services to help our clients improve their sustainability initiatives and goals for the events they produce.
Sustainable Event Management (SEM) Planning & Consulting
GFE helps its clients develop and implement SEM plans for large conferences and events. SEM is now a major part of companies’ Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives as is sustainability reporting.
Turnkey Zero Waste Event Services
GFE provides turnkey zero waste event management services for medium to large-scale events. GFE’s expertise in zero waste event management makes this component of the planning process seamless and stress-free for all parties involved. GFE handles the coordination and procurement of all the staffing, materials and hauling, in addition to developing a strategic plan that mitigates waste and environmental impact from the pre-planning phase to day-of to post-event.
Within a few weeks post-event, our clients receive a sustainability report which not only provides all of the data and key metrics regarding waste diversion but recommendations for ways to improve sustainability goals for future events as well.
To date, GFE has helped our clients divert over 27 tons of waste from landfills as a result of our strategic zero waste planning.
**According to the Zero Waste International Alliance (ZWIA), “zero waste is a process and a philosophy that involves a redesign of products and consumption, so that all material goods can be reused or recycled – or not needed at all. ZWIA considers a 90 percent reduction of waste being sent to landfills and incinerators to be a reasonable goal.”
One of our favorite sayings at GFE is, “what gets measured gets managed”. GFE helps its clients measure their success in this field by providing environmental analysis/reports post-event. Sustainability reporting is not only beneficial to global organizations working to improve their sustainability initiatives and goals, it enables them to walk the walk.
Overview of GFE Event Management Services
- Virtual, Hybrid and Live-Streaming Event Management
- Green Practices Planning, Tracking and Reporting
- Site Selection and Negotiation
- Budget Planning & Implementation
- Timeline Development and Coordination
- Meeting Logistics
- Vendor Selection, Negotiation, and Coordination
- Food & Beverage
- Sponsor Sales, Fullfillment, and Brand Activiation
- Exhibitor Sales & Trade Show Decorator Management
- Event PR & Communications
- Housing Management
- Speaker Coordination
- On-Site Management
- Post-Event Reporting
GFE is compliant with the following existing and global green meeting and sustainable event standards:
CONFERENCES & TRADE SHOWS
GFE consistently delivers profitable events while minimizing negative environmental impacts. The advantages are obvious.
We have a stellar track record in planning successful yet sustainable conferences for associations and non-profit trade organizations. Typically these conferences last 3-5 days, have a trade show component, and result in generating a surplus for the organization.
Our trade show and conference clients have generally focused in the areas of clean technology, sustainable mobility (i.e. green vehicles), as well as organics recycling. But your organization does not have to be environmentally focused to run a sustainable event.
Current and recent GFE clients include:
- US Composting Council’s Annual Conference + Tradeshow – 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 (virtual), 2022 (1,000+ attendees)
- UTOPiAfest 2018 & 2019. Head of Sponsor Sales/Brand Partnerships + On-Site Event Activations
- Oracle Austin Campus Launch Event – March 2018 (2,000 guests) – Zero Waste Event Services
- CleanTX Signature Events: May 2015, September 2015, November 2015, and February 2016
- MobilityATX/Glasshouse Policy Town Hall at Google Fiber – June 2015
- Cielo Wind Power Earth Day Celebration 2014 (500 attendees)
- Bazaarvoice Summit March 4-16, 2013 (1,500 attendees) – Zero Waste Event Services
- California Hydrogen Fuel Cell Summit 2018 & 2020
Corporate Meetings & Social Events
We proudly help our clients deliver and go beyond their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative by developing sustainable event management plans, producing sustainable events, and providing comprehensive reports of waste diversion and positive environmental impacts.
With unmatched enthusiasm, GFE works to ensure that every event is perfectly planned. Green Fern Events looks forward to working with your company to develop a winning sustainable event!
GFE Corporate Meetings, Festivals and Social Event Services:
- Conferences, trade shows, virtual meetings & workshops
- Board Meeting
- Live Outdoor Music Festivals & Events
- Holiday Soirees
- Sustainable Destination Management Services
- Product Launches
- Corporate Retreats (Ecotourism Destinations)
- Incentive Travel (Ecotourism Destination)
- VIP Events
- Scouting Services for VENUE selection
We create custom detailed proposals based on the size and scope of your event. GFE offers full-service packages, à la carte services, day-of event management and much more.
Virtual Meetings are a great way to connect a larger, international community without having to travel. This not only saves on CO2 emissions but has also proven to help grow attendance to reach a broader audience for those not able to travel.
There are a multitude of virtual event platforms to choose from these days, which can be overwhelming to say the least. GFE will help your orgainzation define the type of digital experience & platform that best fits your business’ needs and budget.
With over 15 years of experience working with organizations to plan and produce successful and sustainable medium-to-large scale conferences, trade shows and corporate events, our team has the creative and professional expertise to help lead your organization through an interactive, engaging, educational and cost-effective digital experience. See
Virtual & Hybrid Event Management Services:
- Develop Timeline & Budget
- Virtual Platform Selection
- Registration API/Integration Capabilites
- Virtual Tradeshow/Exhibits
- Speaker Management
- Technical Requirements (i.e., Multi-media, networking areas, exhibits, keynote sessions, green rooms and breakouts)
- Digital Sponosrship Opportunities
- Marketing & Social Media Engagement
- Event Website development and integration with Platform